Spanish > English
Food and Drink
Freelance writer and translator since 2002. Areas of specialization: art (with a focus on contemporary and modern art), film (screenplays, film criticism), wine, marketing (food and drink). Working fields: literature, history, marketing (cosmetics, fashion, interior design), subtitling. Experience as a website content editor, blogger and copywriter. I also write screenplays and my own works of fiction.
Who Cares! (Cuentos de Luz, 2018)
Translation of a German children's book by Barbara Steinitz.
museum global, Microhistories of an Ex-centric Modernism (Wienand Verlag, 2018)
Translation of several texts, including an interview with Christian Kravagna and an essay on Luz Jiménez by Paula López Caballero, in the catalog published on the occasion of the exhibition at Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen (Düsseldorf), November 2018–March 2019. Edited by Susanne Gaensheimer, Kathrin Beßen, Doris Krystof, Isabelle Malz, Maria Müller-Schareck.
ArtxCuba (Wienand Verlag, 2018)
Translation of essays on Cuban art by Luis Camnitzer and Elsa Vega included in the book ArtxCuba, published on the occasion of the exhibition of the same name at Ludwig Forum für Internationale Kunst (Aachen), September 2017–February 2018. Edited by Andreas Beitin.
Metamorphoses, Volume 24 (Smith College Publishing, March 2016)
Translation of the literary essay "On Nelson de Oliveira" by Miguel Alberto Koleff included in volume 24 of the literary translation journal Metamorphoses, An Anthology of Contemporary Brazilian Fiction edited by Marguerite Itamar Harrison and organized by Aileen El-Kadi.
Gerhard Richter Colour Charts (Dominique Lévy Gallery, October 2015)
Translation of archival reviews of the work of Gerhard Richter by Meta Hupf and Wolfgang Christlieb for the catalog published by the Dominique Lévy gallery (London) on the occasion of the exhibition Gerhard Richter Colour Charts, October 13, 2015 - January 16, 2016. The catalog features essays by Dietmar Elger, Hubertus Butin and Jaleh Mansoor.
Sculpture Parks in Europe: A Guide to Art and Nature (Birkhäuser - Publishers for Architecture, 2006)
Translation (along with David Cohn and Leticia Jiménez) of the English edition of a guide to sculptural parks in Europe. Based on an idea by Jimena Blázquez Abascal, the book was edited by Valeria Varas and Raul Rispa.
Ecological Aesthetics, Art in Environmental Design: Theory and Practice (Birkhäuser - Publishers for Architecture, 2004)
Translation of several essays about art, ecology and landscape by Herman Prigann and Vera David included in the book initiated by the artist Herman Prigann and edited by Heike Strelow in cooperation with Vera David.
- Abstracts and introductions: genre analysis for editors and translators of research articles
- Approaches to effective paragraphing: the topic sentence revisited
- Corpus-guided editing and translation – Part 1 Mining target-language corpora to guide English editing and translation: an introduction to a problem-solving approach
- Editing literary translations: a hands-on experience inspired by MET’s Sea of Words project
- Translation revision: why, how and how much
- Translating art from Spanish
- Story factor: leveraging advanced storytelling techniques to engage and inspire
- Signposting the way: using punctuation to improve flow
- Readability: 10 strategies for improving flow in translated or non-English speakers’ texts
- Translating for the art world
- Editing non-native English